Office 365 is an integrated experience of apps and services, designed to help you pursue your passion and grow your business. Get apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more, updated monthly with the latest features and security updates. Use cloud-powered email to reach customers and coworkers wherever work takes you.
Office 365 is a subscription that comes with premium apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access available on PC only). The apps can be installed on multiple devices, including PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones, Android tablets, and Android phones
Office 365 is a powerful cloud based version of Microsoft office that includes excel as well. Office 365 gives you the ability to access, create and edit excel documents from multiple devices and locations. This greatly enhances your productivity as you can work from anywhere in the world.
Benefits of Office 365 for Business:
- Work Anywhere.
- Reduce Capital Spend.
- Eliminates hardware and Reduces Energy .
- Installation on up to 5 devices per user.
- Mix and Match Plans.
- Advanced Security Features.
- Enhanced Email Capabilities.
Microsoft Software Plus Service
Microsoft 365 is part of Microsoft's Software Plus Services strategy, combining the advantages of cloud-based remote computing software options with the company’s traditional base of on-premises software offerings. One advantage of Office 365 is that it is regularly updated approximately every 90 days and users are not required to pay upgrade fees.
You can install Microsoft Office 365 on machines running Windows 7 or 8 (but not Vista or XP). When you install the software on a Mac running OS X (10.5.8 and higher), you'll actually get Office 2011 (full version), rather than Office 365.
Apps includedThe Home Premium version of Office includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote, and Access. OneNote is not included in the Mac version, however.
OFFICE 365 FEATURES
The first of these features are the core of Office. To achieve the goal of being able to work whenever and wherever, users can access, create, and edit documents in any of these three ways:
- Office applications: The regular Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) you know and love, updated to take advantage of the collaboration and cloud file syncing features.
- Office Mobile: Native mobile apps available for Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, and various Android devices.
- Office Web Apps: Online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, available on any computer with a web browser.
System requirements for Microsoft 365
- CPU: 1GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard drive: 3 GB of available space (6 GB for Mac)
- Display: 1280 X 800 screen resolution
- Operating system: PC-Windows 7, 8, or 10. Mac-Mac OS X 10.10
- Connectivity: Internet connection
Who should use Office 365? Just about every knowledge worker in every enterprise is required to have an email account and a calendar application. Beyond that, most individuals in an enterprise will need to use, at least once in a while, a word processor. And a significant number of individuals in an enterprise will also find themselves needing to use presentation software or a spreadsheet at some point in their career. These are the productivity tools of any enterprise. These are the tools used to get work done. That means Microsoft 365 is important to just about every working individual.