SAP Supply Chain Management is one of the key modules in SAP ERP and controls Production Planning, business forecasting and demand planning.
The common data types in SAP Supply Chain Master are:
- Work Center
- Material Master
The key features of SAP SCM are
- It helps the organization to manage their supply chain process in a dynamic environment.
- SAP SCM process helps suppliers, customers, manufacturers, business partners and retailers connect with each other to manage supply chain process effectively and efficiently.
- It helps organizations to accelerate and optimize end-to-end procure-to-pay process.
- SCM products from SAP allows an organization to integrate their processes and enforce contract compliance for supply-side and supplier-side requirements throughout using supply chain processes in distributed environment.
- SAP SCM is a complete software to cover the key processes- Supply Chain networking, supply chain planning and coordination, and supply chain execution.
- It includes different planning applications related to Advanced Planning and Optimization APO, and for the integration with other SAP execution applications.
- The primary applications are SAP General Areas, SAP Supply Network Collaboration SNC, SAP Extended Warehouse Management EWM, Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), Forecasting and Replenishment FRE and SAP Transportation Management TM.
- In the image shown below, you can see SAP Supply Chain Management and its integration with other R/3 modules to manage supply chain process.